Thursday, March 12, 2009

We win in Florida and other news briefs

Judge Gives Green Light to Florida High School Gay-Straight Alliance - One of the few places where we have been able to consistently smack down the religious right have been when lgbt students want to form clubs and support groups. Thank goodness for the Equal Access Act.

Choice quote of the week - RNC Chairman Michael Steele: " . . . you just can’t simply say, oh, like, “Tomorrow morning I’m gonna stop being gay.” It’s like saying, “Tomorrow morning I’m gonna stop being black.”

I wonder what Ken Hutcherson and Harry Jackson have to say about that one?

Gay Candidate Anthony Niedwiecki Elected to Oakland Park City Commission - and he is going to be Mayor in 2011! I wonder if he is dating. I always wanted to be a political husband.

Lawsuit ignores voters' verdict on parenting - A day without a bullshit article from One News Now is like a day without sunshine.

3 comments:

Waymon Hudson said...

Why, Mr. McEwen! Are you after my husband? :)

Thanks for the congrats to Anthony and the campaign we ran! It was tough, but we pulled out a major victory with over 65% of the vote!

Thanks again!

-Waymon Hudson (Political husband)

BlackTsunami said...

Aw man! I wanted to be Evita. I had my outfit all ready too. It's not like I'm gonna get a political husband down here in South Carolina. LOL.

Really though - congratulations ;p

Unknown said...

That is a great comment made by Mr. Steele. Colin Powell might disagree. I have great respect for both men.