Tuesday, September 10, 2013

'Anti-gay propaganda book reaches 50,000 reads as author announces plan for biographical series of posts' and other Tuesday miday news briefs

Editor's note - This is not necessarily a news brief but an announcement. Last night, my booklet, How They See Us: Unmasking the Religious Right War on Gay America crossed the 50,000 reads threshold. Thank you everyone for your supporting, your criticism, and your reading and passing along this very important booklet, which as far as I am concerned, is a minor lgbt cult classic. If you hadn't read it yet, please do so and also RT it on twitter and pass it to your friends. If you desire a personal copy, email me at Charlekenghis@aol.com and write 'anti-gay propaganda book' in the subject line. It is crucial that the lgbt community and our allies receive this information so we can deconstruct religious right anti-gay propaganda.

I feel that because of your support and patience, I owe everyone something. Therefore, I am announcing that starting in late October, I will be publishing a series of biographical posts on Saturdays. These posts will explain how the idea for 'How They See Us'  formulated in my mind two decades ago while I was a student at Winthrop University. And I intend to be very candid, talking about how I dealt with being one of the few openly black gay men not only on campus, but also in a predominantly white fraternity. I will also talk about my first "love," my first boyfriend, and even my suicide attempt in my senior year.  Why am I doing this? Because I want you all to understand my urgent feelings about exposing anti-gay propaganda. It was this propaganda which served as an albatross around my neck during those years. Look for these posts under the title - "Ghouls, Vampires, and Gay Men."

In other news:

How Homophobic Do You Have To Be To Get Fired From Fox News? - Pick yourself up from the floor on this one. This article answers your question.  

AG Greg Abbott to challenge San Antonio nondiscrimination ordinance - Apparently they won't let gays in San Antonio fight their hard fought victory even a little bit. 

 James Franco: 'I Wish I Was Gay' - Tell you what, James. Schedule an appointment and we will "talk" about it. 

 Elena Kostyuchenko, Russian LGBT Journalist, Threatens To Out Closeted Politicians - DO IT! We didn't start this, but it's on!

3 comments:

Erica Cook said...

Could you do me a favor, and when you get this published donate a copy to Learning Ally to be read. Or sell it as a readable PDF text file as well. More often then not when LGBT relevant works come out they are in book form only, or in PDF files that are no more than an image of the page which is not reader compatible.

This means that people in the LGBT community and Allies with disabilities that effect reading are unable to experience their own culture. It would mean a lot to us if you made the point of making your book accessible for us. Thank you

BlackTsunami said...

Erica, if you can help me out with this, I would more than glad to provide a free readable pdf text file. I just need to know how to format it that way.

Erica Cook said...

I used to publish short stories online through a site called uploadandsell. http://urlm.co/www.uploadnsell.com

If you write it word it's really easy. you convert the doc to PDF through save as. It's really simple, where it says "save as type" click on the down arow and PDF is an option. It will be readable text. Then after you create an uplodeandsell account and link it with a paypail account you upload the book through it. Now, when I did this it was all free and things may have changed. You're responsible for distribution, but the fee they take is nominal. You already know how to get yourself seen online so the rest I'd assume would be easy for you. (also, if you didn't actually post this to be seen I'd get it if you're on FB we can talk there I'm under the same name and Martin Luther King is my avatar.)