Wednesday, September 12, 2018

'GOP congressman caught on tape implying orphanages better than gay adoption' & other Wed midday news briefs

NJ Congressman Chris Smith.
GOP lawmaker caught on tape: Orphanages better than gay adoption - An article which reminds us just how unsafe LGBTQ families and their kids are. Just lurking in the shadows of Congress and other legislative bodies are religious right zombies and sycopahants itching to cause our families all sorts of havoc. 

Gay, middle-aged, and lonely as hell - All of us are in this fight for happiness, relevance, self-determination, and equality. Don't forget any of your brothers or sisters. 

Half of trans male teens have attempted suicide - Due to the transphobic mess they have to deal with, no doubt.

New Hampshire set to elect either first gay or first black congressman - And one of them (the black man) is a Trump supporter so that makes me depressed as shit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On being gay and middle aged, I know the feeling. In my mid-fifties I have become invisible to the gay "community" even among those my own age. Ageism is alive and well in our community, sad to say. I spent much of my younger life being an activist fighting for equality. That equality is not extended to those of us beyond a certain age.