Thursday, April 02, 2009

South Carolina's main newspaper serves up 'Sanford fried chicken'

While this is not a gay issue per se, I have to point something out about the situation involving SC Governor Mark Sanford's fight against President Obama's stimulus package.

One reason is that I am resident of South Carolina and it affects me as well as every other resident of the state be they lgbt or heterosexual.

The second reason is because of what I saw on the editorial page of The State, South Carolina's main newspaper.

To put it nicely, Governor Sanford is being destroyed, annihiliated, and figuratively tarred and feathered for his stance against taking stimulus money to help education.

I don't think that I have ever seen an editorial page take such as vocal position. Other than one letter to the editor and a some comments, Sanford has absolutely NO support.

And as well he shouldn't. He was elected to be the guardian of the citizens of South Carolina. And how can you be a guardian if you choose your political future over the needs of those you are elected to serve.

The entire editorial page is here.

But I am also including a link to each editorial, column, and letter to the editor:

The state of South Carolina vs. Gov. Mark Sanford

Online Extra: Sanford driving down GOP?

Leatherman: Budgetary Armageddon

Bolton: Maybe bailouts aren’t so bad after all, governor

Clyburn: A modern-day Alice in Wonderland

Thursday’s Letters to the Editor

It's just unbelievable.

4 comments:

Matt Algren said...

You had me at Leatherman.

BlackTsunami said...

But can I keep you? ROFL!

Matt Algren said...

You do like 'em big, so no problem there.

BlackTsunami said...

Hush Matt ;p