|Here we go again with THAT lie.|
Old right-wing tropes about the LGBTQ community somehow "recruiting" children die hard. Or in the case of the Family Research Council, refuses to die at all. Taking time out from its shameless defense of Trump during his latest scandal, the group is claiming that the LGBTQ community will be "forcing" school children to "celebrate sexual politics" at least 15 times this school year:
Powerful forces are pushing your child’s public school to celebrate sex politics this year—15 times!
How many of these events have made it onto your school’s calendar? Find out today.
For the 2019-2020 School Year:
1. Banned Books Week (September 22-28, 2019) – Includes books that have never been banned, but have been the subject of parental concern because of age-inappropriate sexual content.
2. Ally Week (September 23-27, 2019) – Pressures students to declare themselves “allies” of students or teachers who identify as LGBT.
3. Bisexual Awareness Week (September 16-23)
4. LGBTQ History Month (Month of October 2019) – Labels historical figures as LGBT, even when they never identified as such.
5. National Coming Out Day (October 11, 2019)
6. International Pronouns Day (October 16, 2019) – Ignores the fact that forced declaration of one’s own pronouns, or false pronouns for others, violates free speech and religious freedom.
7. Spirit Day (October 17, 2019) – Encourages students and teachers to wear purple, and highlights LGBT bullying (even polite dissent can be characterized as “bullying”).
8. Transgender Awareness Week (November 12-19, 2019)
9. Transgender Day of Remembrance (November 20, 2019)
10. No Name-Calling Week (January 20-27, 2020)
11. Transgender Day of Visibility (March 31, 2020)
12. Day of Silence (April 24, 2020) – Known as the “high holy day” of LGBT activism.
13. International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia (May 17, 2020)
14. Harvey Milk Day (May 22, 2020)
15. “LGBTQ” Pride Month (June 2020)
Parents: You have the legal right to withhold and refuse consent for your child to participate in school events, assemblies, classes, or activities that violate your beliefs.
Your family’s faith and beliefs deserve respect. Demand it.
Remember, LGBTQ lobbyists are getting their “high holy days” on the school calendar even while many school districts are scrubbing Christmas Break for “Winter Break,” Easter Break for “Spring Break,” and Columbus Day for “Indigenous People’s Day.”
To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln: The philosophy of the public school in one generation will be the philosophy of the culture in the next.
Imagine what could happen if government schools just focused on providing an excellent education!
It's always amusing when FRC goes on this sort of tangent; creating the narrative of nameless, faceless homosexuals hordes with grasping claws out to yank children into dark closets where we supposedly transform them into sexual zombies and then send them out to snag us "new victims."