Thursday, January 15, 2015

Atlanta Kasim Reed will not back down from 'religious liberty' controversy



I have to give MAJOR PROPS to Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed.  He is catching a huge amount of flack for his dismissal of former city fire chief Kelvin Cochran.

While Cochran's supporters claim that this is an issue of religious persecution, Reed has contended that this is an issue of bad judgement and behavior by Cochran.

And he is not back down. In the following interview with MSNBC's Tamron Hall, Mayor Reed makes his points eloquently  but forcefully. In doing so, he is a model for us all when we are called anti-Christian bigots because we believe in fairness and respect for all:

Related posts:

 Atlanta's Mayor Dismantles "Religious Freedom" Defense Of Terminated Anti-Gay Fire Chief

Does Kelvin Cochran's definition of religious liberty justify his dismissal? Probably so

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fmr. Fire Chief Kelvin Cochran: "I am heartbroken that I will no longer be able to serve the city and the people I love as fire chief, for no reason other than my Christian faith"

*sniff* "fer no other reason than what’s secretly in my mind, unless I tell people about it, and by “it” I mean my Christian faith, and by “Christian faith” I mean my belief in carefully selected interpretations of certain portions of a particular book." *sniff*
--
I have to give MAJOR PROPS to Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed.

Here, Here!
--
Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed: "And, in the past, he [Cochran] has disciplined other members of his staff for support of Chick-fil-A during a controversy in Georgia, and he suspended them for a thirty-day period of time..."

Why would Cochran have “disciplined” anyone for supporting anti-gay Chick-fil-A?