Actually when one takes things into account, the image underscores the lies of FRC and especially the religious right. When hate crimes legislation passed, they claimed that it would lead to the end of religious freedoms because pastors would be arrested in the pulpits for calling homosexuality a sin.
This awful occurrence has YET to take place.
FRC's take on ENDA is as hilariously alarming:
Under this bill, the government will order businesses, including religious ones, to stuff their personal beliefs and hire gays and lesbians--even if the organization considers the lifestyle immoral. Essentially, Congress would be establishing a caste system, where the "rights" of homosexuals trump the First Freedoms of any employer. At the very least, it will force people out of business. At its worst, it will bully into silence every American who disagrees with homosexual behavior.
If that doesn't frighten you, it should. ENDA builds the bridge to every last piece of the homosexual agenda, including marriage. With it, the Left can take a hacksaw to every God-given freedom established by the Constitution--including the ability to speak openly about your beliefs. When asked about a vote on the House floor, Rep. Frank said, "The Speaker has promised that." The day that we've been anticipating is here. And to help you understand exactly what's at stake, FRC just finished an important documentary that your church, family, and friends need to see. It takes you behind the scenes of communities where laws like ENDA already exist and exposes how destructive the legislation will be, particularly to the faith community. To see a sneak preview of "ENDA: The End of Religious Freedom in America ?" check out FRC's new website for the trailer and join the hundreds of people who have already pre-ordered their copy! After you do, it is vitally important that you contact your representatives and urge them to hold the line on this bill. Meanwhile, Rep. Frank has promised, "We're going to keep fighting until it's all over." Well, Congressman, that makes two of us.
You will forgive me if I don't link to FRC's trailer but if you want to see it, go here at GoodAsYou.org
I think it's best to remind folks of what ENDA will and won't do. The following is the truth of the matter, which means you won't be hearing it from FRC:
According to the Human Rights Campaign:
What ENDA Does
- Extends federal employment discrimination protections currently provided based on race, religion, sex, national origin, age and disability to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Prohibits public and private employers, employment agencies and labor unions from using an individual's sexual orientation or gender identity as the basis for employment decisions, such as hiring, firing, promotion or compensation
- Provides for the same procedures, and similar, but somewhat more limited, remedies as are permitted under Title VII and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Applies to Congress and the federal government, as well as employees of state and local governments
- Cover businesses with fewer than 15 employees
- Apply to religious organizations
- Apply to the uniformed members of the armed forces (the bill doesn't affect the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy)
- Allow for quotas or preferential treatment based on sexual orientation or gender identity
- Allow a "disparate impact" claim similar to the one available under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Therefore, an employer is not required to justify a neutral practice that may have a statistically disparate impact on individuals because of their sexual orientation or gender identity
- Allow the imposition of affirmative action for a violation of ENDA
- Allow the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to collect statistics on sexual orientation or gender identity or compel employers to collect such statistics.
- Apply retroactively
Andrea Lafferty - 'Won't someone PLEASE think of the children.'
Andrea Lafferty: ENDA will lead to the molestation of disabled veterans
Traditional Values Coalition stoops to lowest level of fraud in new attack on ENDA
Religious business owners should not have the 'special right' to discriminate
Andrea Lafferty spins lies against transgender teachers to hurt ENDA
The 30 Dirty? Why can't the religious right stop lying about ENDA?
Religious right groups can't make up their minds when lying about ENDA
No wonder the Traditional Values Coalition is considered a hate group
Family Research Council exploiting Amanda Simpson's appointment to stop ENDA
Family Research Council head misrepresents credible information to hurt ENDA
Bathrooms, Church Exemptions, and Lies: Five ways the religious right misrepresents ENDA