Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Anti-gay church disowns member



Two things about this clip:

1. No matter how much we laugh at how the Westboro Baptist Church makes homophobic fools of themselves, we shouldn't forget that there are real people, and not stick figures, being harmed by homophobic rhetoric. Hatred has a way of doing that.

2. For those who may say that Lauren is better off, I slightly disagree. Sometimes, it's hard to kick aside family, no matter how nasty they may seem.


Hat tip to Truthwinsout.org and Goodasyou.org


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Bill S said...

We should call this what it really is: a religeous cult. No matter how much they invoke the name of Jesus, no matter how much we may want to lump them together with other Christians, this group is no different than the Moonies.
And raising your children to become sociopaths-which what these parents are doing, because the father IS one-is a brand of psycholgical child abuse. (I can't confirm whether there's any physical or sexual abuse going on in this home, though it wouldn't surprise me.)

Scott Amundsen said...

According to Phelps's son, who broke away from the clan the night he turned eighteen, Fred Phelps abused not only his children on a regular basis, but his wife as well, and continues to do so.

Anonymous said...

I think the poor girl has a lot more strength than I do. If my folks went crazy like that, nothing could have stopped me from taking the kids on my way out. She has the strength to let them stay with the parents that they love instead of breaking up the family.

I don't give a damn what the adults do or think, but seeing those kids spit those words out and seeing them in danger like that makes me just want to phone CPS right now. It's just not right.

Unknown said...

If only every child could rebel against such evil.