Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A clip of discredited researcher Paul Cameron making a fool of himself on the Donahue show

Anti-gay spokesperson Robert Knight once told me that I was obsessed with discredited researcher Paul Cameron. I found, and still find his comments to be ironic seeing that Knight has on occasion freely cited Cameron statistics even after he knew of the man's dubious history.

However, in viewing my behavior these few days, I see that Knight may have had a point. I've been on a tear about Cameron. However, it's only because I feel that the lgbt community don't know as much about him.

A short recap is in order. Paul Cameron is the man I consider directly responsible for a vast majority of religious right discredited studies about the lgbt community. When the AIDS crisis began, he made a career out of creating bad studies accusing the lgbt community of things like molesting children at a high rate, eating feces, and using gerbils as sex toys.

He has been discredited on numerous occasions but his work still continues to haunt the lgbt community via contemporaries like The Traditional Values Coalition, Americans for Truth, Concerned Women for America, and other religious right groups.

As I understand it, Cameron allowed Sascha Baron Cohen to make a fool out of him in the new movie Bruno. I haven't seen it yet but I hear it's good.

However, as the following clip from a past episode of Donahue demonstrates, Cameron needs no one's help in being made a fool.

His comments just defy description and would be funny if it weren't for all of those who took him seriously and caused the lgbt community so much harm:



Other HB/HM articles on Paul Cameron in Poland:

More homophobic lies from the Paul Cameron Poland tour

Homophobic 'researcher' Paul Cameron in all of his repulsive glory




Bookmark and Share

No comments: