Friday, May 21, 2010

Chely Wright tells the truth- don't be ashamed of your God-given lgbt orientation



Chely Wright is one of my new heroes. In her interview with Oprah Winfrey, the country singer lays it down like it should be about her lgbt orientation. We need more voices being open and out about this sort of thing, particularly for the sake of the children.

Regardless of how any of us feel regarding the nuances of the fight for lgbt equality, one thing we MUST ALL agree on is that we should never be ashamed to be as God has made us. Period.

I love this clip, especially the story about the soldiers who continued to support her. Also, it also shows where Wright's courage came from. Her father is an amazing man. He reminds me of my late father.



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Bishop said...

Um. I think there's something missing in the sentence the concludes "we should never be as God has made us".

I may be wrong...

Prospero said...

Bishop beat me to it. I was going to suggest you rveiew and revise that sentence, as well.

BlackTsunami said...

I made the change. Sorry about that. See what had happened was (my Tyler Perry Madea impression) that in writing and editing, I accidentally edited out a crucial part of the piece.

Thank you both for catching that ;p

And it's obvious that I definitely need a vacation. LOL