Thursday, October 20, 2011

To my beautiful gay children . . .

Today is Spirit Day where over a million Americans will be wearing purple to show support to our lgbt children and also speak out against bullying.

I want to do something extra by way of video montages.

I want our lgbt children to remember something important.

You are not alone. And while millions will show their support to you today, just keep in mind where you come from.

You come from a long line of kings and queens, world builders and civilization savers.

While some will stoop to their lowest level to take away things from you, remember that they can never take your dignity or self-worth

And especially your potential to do great things:









Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

darkyn said...

The video missed Alan Turing, without whom the device you are reading this on would not have been possible.

Sage said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post, Alvin!

Reed Boyer said...

Absolutely beautiful. And you've made me cry, dammit.

Penny Marie Sautereau said...

Alvin, for Spirit Day can you crosspost this? It needs to be said.

http://trinityofhedon.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-am-purple-every-day.html

BlackTsunami said...

I'll put it up tomorrow as one of my news briefs ;p

Jay said...

There is a blog post on glbtq.com that mentions your beautiful message "To my beautiful gay children . . ."