Monday, July 02, 2012

The religious right has an 'Erica Kane' complex

From Right-Wing Watch comes a yet another "oh Lawdy, Lawd! America is in the greatest trouble we have ever seen!" video from the religious right:




How many times have we seen religious right figures sound the alarm about yet another supposed moral calamity facing this country?

It would seem that America has had more close calls with disaster than Erica Kane from the soap opera All My Children.

My question will how long will it take before someone starts to ask just how many supposed calamities can one country face? According to the religious right, America has been at death's door so many times that we have worn out the welcome mat.

Either this country has problems or certain entities are making their name and money off of scaring folks.

I tend to think it's more of column B than column A.



Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The usual crap from the religious right. The only thing I found surprising about the video is that Phyllis Schlafly is still alive.

Anonymous said...

Post hoc ergo propter hoc if I've ever seen it from the religious right.

Anonymous said...

"Anonymous" - It's a matter of opinion whether Phyllis Schlafly is still alive. She comes across as a relic of 18th century "morality".I actually feel sorry for her and her delusions.

Anonymous said...

yuck, those one track minded, hypocritical Fundy monsters makes me sick to call my self human!! personally, i think there should be a 20ft wall, with education, politics, ect. on one side, and religion on the other.