Wednesday, January 21, 2015

'Mike Huckabee - states can ignore SCOTUS on marriage equality' and other Wednesday midday news briefs

Mike Huckabee: States Can Ignore Supreme Court On Gay Marriage - Huckabee needs to check himself. The states CANNOT ignore the Supreme Court on marriage equality. And broadly speaking, Huckabee is a perfect reason why EVERY lgbt who is of the voting age should be registered and ready to cast their ballot. We are winning but people like him are going to make sure we can't secure what we win.

Wedding Planner Goes Out Of Her Way To Tell Couple She Does ‘Not Feel Comfortable’ Helping Them - The Family Research Council is trying to make this wedding planner seem like a victim. However, one should read the entire story, PARTICULARLY the part which details why the gay couple has no legal case against her. 

 Pennsylvania governor-elect names transgender woman as Physician General - Wonderful news indeed!

 In Wake Of Controversial 'Ex-Gay' Billboard Lawmakers Introduce Ban On Conversion Therapy - Sweeeet!

 Ben Carson: Congress Should Oust Judges Who Rule For Marriage Equality - Because . . . . I guess he doesn't need a reason. 

And finally . . . . 

Congratulations to everyone who was nominated for a 2015 GLAAD Media Award, including THIS BLOG in the category of Outstanding Blog. It was a delightful shock to wake up to the news that I received my second consecutive nomination and it is certainly an honor. I am in good company with The Art of Transliness, Autostraddle, Box Turtle Bulletin, and My Fabulous Disease

And allow me to be honest. I am hoping to win. However, even if I don't win, I am so overwhelmed by the honor and very thankful to everyone who have supported Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters over the years. 

You all are the best supporters anyone can have.

4 comments:

Glenn Ingersoll said...

Congratulations on your nomination!

Erica Cook said...

I'm very glad I found your blog. It has been an inspiration to me.

ColdCountry said...

Congratulations, Alvin! Keep up the good work.

BlackTsunami said...

Thank you all for your kind words ;p