Monday, March 05, 2018

'LGBTQ stories win big at last night's Oscars' & other Mon midday news briefs


LGBT representation strong at 90th annual Academy Awards - At last night's Oscar ceremony, the LGBTQ community won big. As a gay black man, I always think that when members of my community win awards for the stories they tell, that's a spotlight which wouldn't have ordinarily been there for us. So yes, it's a big deal.

The Best LGBTQ Oscar Moments Of 2018 - Sweet! 

The 10 gayest moments in the history of the Oscars - Come on, y'all. It's Monday.

Jordan Peele Becomes the First Black Winner of the Best Original Screenplay Oscar - And while Peele isn't LGBTQ, he is an ally. Also, I would be remiss if I omitted his win.

Robert Oscar Lopez: ‘I Don’t See Anything Honorable’ About Being A Gay Conservative - For once, I agree with this awful man.

Pelosi, HRC on opposite sides over re-election of anti-LGBT Democrat - Well, THIS is interesting.

This reality TV star was put through conversion therapy when he was 10 - Why conversion therapy needs to be banned, especially when it comes to children.

No comments: