Tuesday, September 11, 2018

I got those 'I'm watching comedy clips cause I'm gay black man in the middle of a hurricane and Trump is in charge so I know I'm screwed' blues

In case y'all don't know, my state of South Carolina is in the middle of an intense Hurricane Florence watch. And based on what Trump said about how his Administration responded when the hurricane hit  Puerto Rico last year (Trump claims success but close to 3,000 people lost their lives), I'm praying extra hard that we get through this one. And keeping my spirits up by watching some hilarious comedy clips. Like the ones below.

My favorites are a wonderful black comedian, Sampson, talking about homophobia in the black church.



Or something not necessarily conducive to this blog, but it's funny anyway. A lot of you remember television show Sanford and Son and the character Aunt Esther. Did you know that the actress portraying Aunt Esther, LaWanda Page, was a brilliant comedian? And very "adult-oriented," too? Seriously, her material goes beyond "not safe for work." Don't say you haven't been warned.


I intend to be here tomorrow with more LGBTQ pertinent material. But pray for me just in case. LOL

No comments: