Wednesday, January 02, 2019

'Bigots cruelly mock trans woman angry over getting misgendered' & other Wed midday news briefs

Whether, L, G, B, or T, you get tired of people #@!* with you and 'snatching wigs' is the best therapy for it.

Conservatives viciously mock a trans woman who was misgendered on video - I've heard about this video and have seen it. A lot of folks were saying the trans woman should have acted better. Maybe or maybe not. But I will say this. I don't give a crap. It's wrong to make someone the butt of jokes. That shyte ain't right and it ain't funny. And I say this as someone who have watched people goad gay folks to act out, then make them into the bad guys because they wouldn't take the abuse. I've walked into a room filled with my so-called black brothers and sisters and have been laughed out simply because I seemed to "gay" for their company. Maybe there is a time to act with dignity. But sometimes you get tired of people #@!* with you. So I have a hard time thinking that sister girl in the video is at fault. But I will say this - it's not funny to goad someone then make it viral. It's cruel and nasty. And I have a hard time with that "if only she acted this way or that way" stuff. Homophobes and transphobes are just like racists in that it doesn't matter if you act like the most dignified person in the universe. They are going to hate you and belittle you in anyway they can. The video probably caught sister girl at at time in which she got enough of it.  It's like I said earlier, sometimes you get tired of people #@!* with you. I'm done. 

These beautiful brides got married minutes after it was legalized in Austria - Austria made marriage equality legal and didn't even have to wait for us to take full advantage of it.

White House considers lifting sanctions so anti-LGBTQ Russian official can visit - Oh really? Then again maybe not. 2019 will be another year of collecting the receipts. But this year, we should plan on fully using them. 

Rose Parade Queen Is First From LGBTQ Community - Another barrier crossed. It may seem small to some, but it's not. 

29 Senate Democrats call on OPM to restore trans employee guidance - Damn skippy.


Editor's note - I hope my friend Monica Roberts at Transgriot don't mind me nabbing the above graphic.

No comments: