Thursday, November 14, 2019

How many characters do you recognize in this 'History of Homosexuality on Film?'



A little fun change of pace for today. The video above was created in 2015 (and I've featured it before) but it is by no means dated. It is very quick look at the history of homosexuality on the silver screen. I think it deserves continued viewing, particularly by our LGBTQ kids. There is so much history they are missing in terms of how we were portrayed on the silver screen. Back in the day, we weren't as prominent or kindly viewed. I think it will be a culture shock to some of them.

 And there is something for us older folks to do. See how many characters you recognize and count how many of the movies featured in the clips have you seen. I can tell you that I've seen almost all of them (although not Brokeback Mountain . . shut up.)

No comments: