Sunday, February 02, 2020

Top 10 Memorable Moments from 'Pose'



What can you say about a television show which has already reached legendary status even though it has only two seasons under its belt thus far?

From Wikipedia:

Pose (stylized as POSE) is an American drama television series about New York City's African-American and Latino LGBTQ and gender-nonconforming ballroom culture scene in the 1980s and, in the second season, early 1990s. Featured characters are dancers and models who compete for trophies and recognition in this underground culture, and who support one another in a network of chosen families known as Houses. 

Pose is an incredible series which has already won an Emmy for one of its main stars - Billy Porter (who became the first openly gay black man to win as 'Best Actor in a Dramatic Series.')  Pose will definitely win more Emmy, particularly the one for 'Best Dramatic Series.' It has already won the hearts of LGBTQs of color who have waited the longest to see a television show which features us, even though some of us may not be in as detrimental of a situation as the characters.

I've never seen a full episode of  Pose. I've caught snippets from Youtube and the reason is simple. To me, Pose is like staring into the face of the Divine or managing to touch the 'Holy Grail.' I can only endure it in small doses. I don't think I could handle watching an entire episode. The characters, their joys, pains, tragedies, and successes are too real to me. I already have a problem detaching myself from what I've allowed myself to see. When you take a look at Ms.Mojo's '10 Memorable Moments' from the series, I think you will understand how I feel.


No comments: