Saturday, May 22, 2010

Wounded Children - a tract too homophobic for even Chick Publications

Believe it or not, there is a level of anti-gay too extreme for Chick Publications.

Supposedly there was a tract called Wounded Children that was recalled years ago. Wounded Children supposedly tells the story of how a child becomes gay and is "made a victim of the gay lifestyle."

Because it was recalled,  I couldn't find anything on the Chick Publications site.

HOWEVER, through the magic of youtube, I found a copy of Wounded Children along with verbal accompaniment:



Now if this is too boring for you, then the following video is right up your alley. It is an adaptation of Wounded Children presented exactly as it was from the tract, accept for minor changes:



Editor's note: There is a part two but unfortunately the sound has been disabled due to copyright.

It's a real shame, too. I was dying to see how this story would turn out.

Related posts:

Lgbt parenting - myths vs. reality

Mark Sanford is missing, SLDN protests, and Chick publications - this is a strange day

Never fear, Chick Publications is here! or What some people really think of gay marriage




Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Bill S said...

I read somewhere this was originally written in 1977, so the A.I.D.S. references must have been added to later editions of it.
It's pretty ludicrous, even by Chick standards.
It's too bad the sound was removed from part two of the live-action adaptation of it. I will say this: minus the horns and the pointy ears, the guy playing the devil is kinda hot.

Buffy said...

In addition to being horribly bigoted, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Scott Amundsen said...

This would be laughable except that some of us have actually LIVED some of those scenes. The scene where he is in his room crying "why don't I just die" rang especially true: I can't even remember how many times I lived that scene as a teenager.

Anonymous said...

Ok, a few points to make here.

Agreed the guy playing el diablo is hot.

Secondly in the Chick vid though, there's the part about we being made in the image of God. So it means the inverse is true, God is an image of man.

It's like they missed that lesson in math about a = b = c.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I remember reading this tract in the 70's. I did not know God then and the track made me very fearful of God. However, I did receive Christ as my Savior and lived the "cured, straight life" for several years. The truth is - my lesbianism NEVER totally disappeared...and many times I felt like a hypocrite going to church while still feeling attracted to women.
I am a member of an MCC church now...and have never been more happier or free. The homophobic churches feed people with the horror stories of some gay people. Some of us have lived dangerously (sexually speaking) and dabbled with drugs and alchohol...however this is a distortion. Many gay people are now living sober and clean lives, go to church and are monogomous. Can Christ truly set you free from sin? Yes....is that sin homosexuality or lesbianism...no. The fact is we are all sinners, but not because we are gay. We are sinners because we live our lives as if God does not exist..or because we do not know how great God's love is for each and every one of us.
If you are gay and want to change...then maybe God can do that change in you if you want it bad enough....but the truth for me is that I am a lesbian and I love God and I know that God loves me just as I am. I do not want to change to being straight. I know that God loves and accepts me just as I am and this is a truth that the churches need to realize. Love people as they are. Christ called his disciples to love each other period...and this would be the witness to the world, but the church is hung up on sex...sex...sex..and this is why so called "men of God" and conservative politicians keep falling and keep getting caught. If you live a lie...the truth always comes out. Better to out of the closet then to hide and be found out.
God does truly love each and every one of us, and all of us would find peace for our hearts and souls if only we opened up our lives and hearts to Christ.